Thursday, August 5, 2010

Steamed Chocolate Moist Cake

Recently, I'm in this cake, cupcake and muffin madness. I've been go googling from one web to another, looking for the easiest, simplest recipe I could found.

And I finally found it. I got the recipe from here. I just loved it, the moment I see it, and tried it, then I double loved it after it's done. Unfortunately, I forgot to picture it before it all gone to my tummy. The next time I make it again, I will take some picture of it.

The original recipe came as baked, but I choose to steam it instead of baking it, since steaming a cake has smaller risk to failed. And anyhow, I prefer steaming cakes than baking. Steamed cakes comes more moist. I just love the texture of a steamed cake.

This cake was so delicious. Such a treat in the mouth, and definitely will pleased those whose sweettoothed. I will definitely try to make them again next time. But, I need some other adjustments so the cake will be even more delicious than it already was. (At least for myself.)

Want to try them? Here goes the recipe :

Ingredients :
  • 3 cups Flour (I used all purpose flour)
  • 2 tsp Baking Soda (I used Double Action Baking Powder, since I don't have Baking Soda)
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 6 tbs Cocoa Powder
  • 2 cups Water
  • 2 cups Sugar (I think I'll reduce them into 1 and 1/2 cups, I found it too sweet)
  • 1 tbs Vanilla
  • 2 tbs White Vinegar (Next time, I'm gonna try using Apple Cider Vinegar)
  • 8 tsp Oil (any flavorless kind)
  • A handfull of chocochips (or Raisins)

Instructions :
  1. Preheat Oven to 350F (or, in my case heat the steamer)
  2. Sift the dry ingredients, i.e. flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
  3. Whisk sugar and wet ingredients, i.e. water, vanilla, vinegar, and oil in a large bowl, until the sugar is dissolved.
  4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well. (But do not over do it)
  5. Pour the batter into a greased and floured or parchment lined 9 X 13" pan. Sprinkle a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips on the batter for garnishing. Bake for 35-40 minutes. The cake will slightly moist when tested with a tooth pick. If you're steaming it (just like I did), steam it for 30 minutes over high heat.
*I tried to steam it using a cupcake cups, and approximately made into 12 cups. It doesn't need to be steamed for 30 minutes, because I found it already done before it. Just check the doneness using a tooth pick.

Happy Baking and Steaming! I'll post other delicious recipes next time!

0 comments:

Time and Date




 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster