Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Baking : Oatmeal Choco Chips Cookies

Since Romo bought me the new oven, I haven't even once bake something in it. So this morning, Mama asked me wether I'm going to cook something or not. I asked why. She said, if I wasn't gonna cook, then I should try out the oven.

Ah, in an instant, I said Yes! I would love to try and bake something. So I started googling and go browse an easiest cookie recipe. My mixer has gone broken, so I need a recipe which doesn't need an electric mixer. Tadaaaaa!!! I found it!! I found this easy Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies recipe. She said that it was her grandma's recipe. So I tried them out.

I started collecting the ingredients I needed. Flours, oatmeals, choco chips, sugars and others. Measuring them, then putting them in a bowl.

When it's all mixed well, I start scooping them to the greased baking sheets, while starting to heat the oven. I learned that I scoop them to big, so when it's baked they sticks one to another. It doesn't ruin the cookie, only it doesn't have a perfectly round shape. I don't have any problems with the shape. But, I hate seeing them sticks to each other. So the next batch, I scoop it in smaller size.

In 20 minutes (the original recipe says 12-15 minutes, but mine need more time), it's all done!

Perfect cookies!

If you want to try, here goes the recipe. Remember, you don't need an electric mixer. It's all hand stirred.

Ingredients :
  • 1 sticks of Margarine (googled it, and i found that 1 sticks equals 8 tbs)
  • 1/2 cups of Brown sugar (I used palm sugar)
  • 1/2 cups of White sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tbs Water
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (slight, not over)
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 and 1/2 Cup old-fashioned oats (I used quick cooking oats)
  • 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips (I used only 1 cup)
  • OPTIONAL : raisins, walnuts - amounts up to you (I add some chaswes)

Directions :
  1. Preheat oven to 325F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients but the oatmead and the chocolate chips. After well-mixed, add the oatmeal and stir together. Then add the chocolate chips.
  3. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased or Silpat cookie sheets. (I used baking sheets, since I don't have a Silpat) . Baked for 12 to 15 minutes.

0 comments:

Time and Date




 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster